Sunday, August 10, 2008

What the hell?



Welcome, August. Summer's coming to a close. And life? Life's crazed, but good.

I labor now for Red5 Studios, easily the best place I've ever worked for, full stop. Being at Red5 has done wonders to mitigate the bad experiences of my first year in the OC. Good riddance to bad rubbish. Though I have to make mention of the good that took place in the past 12 months. It wasn't unmitigated badness. Meeting and working with Stone Perales; Del, Bryan, Aaron, Geoff, Dave, Jennifer, Will, Bronwyn and the other cool folks at Meteor; doing some decent Magic art, getting back into plein air, getting to see all those I've missed at SDCC, even if it was for just a day. Taking Marshall Vandruff's anatomy class. If you haven't, do yourself a huge favor and take it. Friends and family, first and foremost, got me through to where I stand now.

Right this minute? I'm happy. And I AM what I am. Dig it, Stinky.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear you are enjoying the new gig. Sounds like a good place to be. Kinda jealous you got to take Marshall's class. We can't seem to get him on the East Coast!
Love the little sketch as well. I know I have an email I need to reply to you -but for now, take care and I'll catch you on the flipside (I still don't know what that expression means)

T' said...

Glad to see you make another post, and with some personal work as well! Yay! I'm glad you're so happy there. We'll talk soon. Post some plein air, dood. We'd love to see it.